Friday, August 14, 2009

Motivation 101: How to get what you want!

I came across this little tidbit in my inbox yesterday morning.. by Anth Quinn. So true..

Motivation is a natural consequence of being clear on your goals and the gap between them and where you are now. Get excited about achieving your goals, make them real for yourself- take the car for a test drive, visit the home, apply for the jobs, visit the country. Guess what, the clearer your goal the more motivated you'll be. It is as simple as that!

There are so many things that I am trying my hardest to get motivated for- getting in shape, looking for a new job, growing the YBR brand etc. Maybe the issue isn't that I'm unmotivated, but just that I'm not totally clear on my objective.

What are some motivational points you are currently struggling with?

1 comment:

Nikki Lyles said...

This is a great topic!! My issue is that I have so many ideas and so many things I want to accomplish. I am usually gung-go in the beginning, but then things start to fizzle off. I keep going through this pattern, and wish I could finally get through what I want to accomplish. Some of the things I want to get MORE motivated to do is get in shape, enhance my blog, start my business, finish my home improvement projects, advance in my career, be more active in my sorority, increase my network, spend more time with family, try new recipes, and implement the tons of ideas I have for enhancing my job!! I think I am with you, maybe it's not that I am unmotivated, but maybe I don't have a clear objective which is why I am all over the place!! I think all of the items I want to accomplish somehow relate, it's just sticking to all of them is the problem. If you get an answer, please let me know!

Ms. Urbanista
www.urbanista-stl.blogspot.com

About Alecia D.

Brooklyn, NY, United States
I am a Successful Lifestyle Consultant studying such philosophies as The Law of Attraction, Zen habits, and the Principles of Meditation and have been featured on Blacknews.com, HBCUConnect.com, and Ezine Articles as an expert author. I am interested in success- being successful and helping others be successful!