Friday, February 12, 2010

Frugal Fridays: Tip of the week


Great news to share! Introducing a new feature on YBR- Frugal Fridays! This feature will be a weekly tip from Ms. Frugal that aims to help us with ideas on keeping our finances fit for 2010! Ms Frugal (aka Jamila M. from Empressmag.com) is a 27 year old sista who is definitely financially savvy. She is an entrepreneur, corporate employee, and fashionista.. all on a budget! Ms. Frugal even managed to buy her first home in NYC at the age of 23! (Anyone who lives in the NYC area knows that this is no small feat)

Check out this week’s tip below!

Bring Your Own Breakfast and/or Lunch to work- If you have a cafeteria in your office, or have a restaurant within close proximity to where you work, you know that buying breakfast or lunch everyday can be very costly. For example, in my cafeteria one english muffin costs $1.00. When I realized that I could get a pack of eight english muffins from my supermarket for $1.00, I decided to take my muffin to work and use their toaster and butter for free!

What ways do you save money on food at work?

-Ms. Frugal

Do you have a question you want Ms. Frugal to answer? Send it to aleciadee@gmail.com with Frugal Fridays in the subject line to get it answered on the YBR blog!

6 comments:

sheshe said...

Isn't bringing your own food from home usually the first thing ppl do to save money. This is def something ppl should do. I guess everyone doesn't think like that.

Anonymous said...

DeeDee..
I have always brought my own food to work and school- NO shame in my game, and yes i do heat up fish in the office and they make fun of me but so wat... momma gotta save some change.

Jweezy said...

This is soo true, some ppl at my job spend $6 everyday just on breakfast..YIKES...

Anonymous said...

i'm def one of those d-bags who spend 6 bucks on breakfast and 10 bucks on lunch.. I know that it's a waste of money..but who has time to cook and prepare food?? I don't.. I def will make an effort to start though, because I am wasting A LOT of money!

Anonymous said...

I know it's not good.. but I steal tea, milk, and water from my job. It may not seem like much, but it adds up and keeps pennies in my pocket!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your material! I will definitely be back on Fridays!!

About Alecia D.

Brooklyn, NY, United States
I am a Successful Lifestyle Consultant studying such philosophies as The Law of Attraction, Zen habits, and the Principles of Meditation and have been featured on Blacknews.com, HBCUConnect.com, and Ezine Articles as an expert author. I am interested in success- being successful and helping others be successful!