Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Message From the Heart: What being Young, Black, and Rich means to Me


I have to admit that it really gives me great joy and fulfillment to be a part of this YBR movement. As I've said many times before, being a YBR woman is so much more than having money and material possesions. It truly is a state of mind. A feeling of knowing who you are and what you can achieve. Even though I've had my times of self-doubt and feelings of inadequacy (as we all do) I have still always considered myself to be a confident person. This confidence has done nothing but increase significantly since I started YBR.


I guess it's the fact that I now have a place where I can connect and share with other women like me who want the best for their lives. Or maybe it's the opportunity to have a forum to share my thoughts, advice, and information. Whatever the reason, YBR has given me a new found appreciation and sense of pride in who I am and who we as young, black women are. I, as well as my friends and associates, have noticed a change in me. I now walk and talk with a sense of empowerment and feel challenged to go after my heart's desires- no matter how unorthodox they may seem to others.


This is also my hope for you all. I truly want the best for every Young, Black, and Rich woman I come in contact with. I appreciate those of you in Houston, Texas; Douglasvlle, Georgia; Brooklyn, New York; London; Dublin; and all of the other countries around the world who check out the blog daily, email me, and post comments. You truly do inspire me. I hope that you are getting from YBR all that you are looking for.


What does being Young, Black, and Rich mean to you?

No comments:

About Alecia D.

Brooklyn, NY, United States
I am a Successful Lifestyle Consultant studying such philosophies as The Law of Attraction, Zen habits, and the Principles of Meditation and have been featured on Blacknews.com, HBCUConnect.com, and Ezine Articles as an expert author. I am interested in success- being successful and helping others be successful!