Monday, August 11, 2008

Three Reasons to FIRE your BOSS and do your own thing: Food For Thought

I know we've all thought about it. Quitting our jobs, firing our bosses, and finally being able to do what we love for a living. It's something I talk about on YBR very often! If you're like me, you definitely do NOT want to spend the rest of your adult years slaving away for someone else.

These three quotes really speak to the idea of this and inspire me even more to do whatever I have to in order to make sure I can fire my boss within the next couple of years.

Top Three Quotes:

#3-
“To go wrong in one’s own way is better than to go right in someone else’s. In the first case you are a man, in the second you’re no better than a bird.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky

#2-
“You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers … If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” - Steve Jobs

#1-
"Getting up in the morning and having work you love is what makes life different for people. And if you get into a position where you really don’t love what you’re doing, get off it. It’s easy to be on someone else’s track or something that sounds like a safety play.” -Bob Woodward

To Your Success,
Alecia D.

No comments:

About Alecia D.

Brooklyn, NY, United States
I am a Successful Lifestyle Consultant studying such philosophies as The Law of Attraction, Zen habits, and the Principles of Meditation and have been featured on Blacknews.com, HBCUConnect.com, and Ezine Articles as an expert author. I am interested in success- being successful and helping others be successful!